1Password 7.4.767 Win 10 Edge Hot-Key (Ctrl+\) not working

I have three machines all running the latest updates of Win 10 and Microsoft Edge. On two of them, the Ctrl+\ hotkey to fill in Username/Password works properly. On one, it does not respond at all. I have changed that machine to Ctrl+Space and it works. The Ctrl+Shf+-\ does respond properly. Has anyone else since this? It is as if another app has trapped that keystroke but I can't find any. It was working properly on Firefox and Chrome (native), so it is not at the O/S level. Is there are setting I am missing in the new Edge (Chome) that used that keystroke or where I can check/change keystroke intercepts?

1Password Version: 7.4.767
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:edge windows 10

Comments

• Any extensions installed in Edge but not other browsers that might be using that hotkey, @HDOtter? So far as I'm aware, the registry entry that calls dibs on that combo is the same across browsers so if it works in Chrome and Firefox, it should work in the Chromium-based Edge as well. Also, what about Ctrl + Alt + \? Does that bring up mini in Edge? Pay attention to where mini says it's filling at the bottom. If Edge is focused it should say it's filling in msedge. Let me know if it comes up and, if it does, where it claims to be filling.

• HDOtter
    HDOtter
    Community Member

Thanks @bundtkate. I am not aware of any other extensions as it was a new install moving him over from Firefox and Chrome. I will dig further since I have Norton AV installed and something there might be stomping on that key combo. All of the other 1Password and Mini key combos work and the Mini is filling for Edge. Switching to Ctrl-Space works just fine leaving the Ctrl-Alt-\ to bring up Mini. If this is not common to anyone else, I'll look for anything other extension and we can live with this quirk. He actually likes the Ctrl-Space combo better so, there's that. ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@HDOtter:

You could also try to test this when all of the other extensions are temporarily disabled, if you indeed have any in the browser.

Also, what version of the 1Password browser extension are you using on this computer?

This discussion has been closed.