just upgraded -cannot account. it will not open on my MAC and on iPhone will not recognize password

Options
pmangarella
pmangarella
Community Member

i just upgraded recently (2 days ago?) and on MAC cannot open account. On iPhone with App - will not recognize password as valid.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:just upgraded -cannot account. it will not open on my MAC and on iPhone will not recognize password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pmangarella!

i just upgraded recently (2 days ago?) and on MAC cannot open account.

What did you upgrade from and to? And were you able to unlock 1Password before the upgrade?

If you did, can you let us know the steps you followed exactly so we can understand what changed? Thank you!

• pmangarella
    pmangarella
    Community Member
    Options

I just accessed my account through website and as best as i can determine I am still using 1 password 6 from October 17, 2017 when i first started with 1password. So it appears in fact that my upgrade attempt was not successful - although i recall getting a message that indicated that it was. In any case, right now, access to my account (via desktop) is intermittent - it appears (and of course i could be wrong here) that i can access initially via desktop but if i try again i cannot. It almost seems like perhaps 1password still may be open and i just do not know that? of 1password opens once, but not with subsequent attempts. I was able to unlock 1Password before my upgrade attempt.

• Ben
    Options

@pmangarella

If you sign in at https://my.1password.com do you see all of your data there?

Ben

• pmangarella
    pmangarella
    Community Member
    Options

yes, i see everything - all my passwords and for my personal and family accounts. I thought i might see what version of 1Password i was using there, but alas no.

• Ben
    Options

Gotcha, thanks @pmangarella. As long as everything is visible there then here is what I'd suggest:

1. Download and print your Emergency Kit: Get to know your Emergency Kit and fill in the Master Password that you use to log in at https://my.1password.com
    2. On your Mac, if you're unable to unlock the 1Password app, open 1Password and from the menu bar at the top of the screen select Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password data
    3. When 1Password re-launches sign into your 1Password account using the information from the Emergency Kit
    4. Verify you're able to access everything from 1Password for Mac
    5. On your iPhone, if you're unable to unlock the 1Password app, uninstall the 1Password for iOS app
    6. Reinstall 1Password for iOS: 1Password for iOS on the App Store
    7. Launch 1Password and use the information from the Emergency Kit to sign into your account
    8. Verify you're able to access everything from 1Password for iOS

Does that help? Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• pmangarella
    pmangarella
    Community Member
    Options

Worked on my MAC. thanks.
    but with iPhone, i deleted and re-installed app but get " a problem with your sign in"
    should i try to sign in through internet?

• Ben
    Options

@pmangarella

Worked on my MAC. thanks.

Great. Thanks for the update.

should i try to sign in through internet?

My apologies, but I'm not sure what you're asking. You do need to be connected to the internet in order to sign in.

Ben

• pmangarella
    pmangarella
    Community Member
    Options

no what i meant, since i could not sign in via 1Password app, should i try to sign into 1password via browser on my iPhone?

• Ben
    Options

I see. I don't believe that is going to help us at this time. When you go to sign in using 1Password for iOS, please make sure you're selecting the existing user option, but then select the add a new account option, so that you are inputting all of the details, rather than filling in what iOS remembers.

Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

• pmangarella
    pmangarella
    Community Member
    Options

Well interesting! i was able to access our family account on my iPhone when i used my wife's Master Password (differs from mine). And now i have arranged for facial recognition so i am good to go.

Thanks a lot for your help, really appreciate it - especially as i am no whiz at this stuff. And do very much like 1Password - it has made my life much easier and i i think more secure.

Peter Mangarella

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update, @pmangarella. I'm glad to hear that worked out. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.