Bug when 1PW suggests username or email addresses?

PsychorPsychor
edited May 13 in iOS

Hi,

I’m running the latest version of iOS and 1PW for iOS.

You go to a website and click on the password field to trigger iOS to prompt you to open 1PW. You open 1PW to create a login for the site. When you click on the “username or email” field in 1PW it will show a bar with suggested email addresses based on your main iOS profile. That’s great.

But what I’ve found is that if you have more than two email addresses associated with your main iOS profile there’s no way to scroll or show more. For whatever reason the two it decides to always show aren’t ones I use that often.

In other apps you’re able to somehow get that area to expand to show more entries.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks.

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member
    edited May 13

Hi @Psychor

I was able to see this same situation with my own setup: only two options are shown, though there are more addresses than that on the contact record, with no apparent way to select a different one. I'll talk to our development team and see if there is anything we can do to improve this on our end.

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#4638

• Hi @Ben,

Great - thanks for the quick reply.

Take care.

• ag_vendruscoloag_vendruscolo

Team Member
    edited May 14

Hi @Psychor,
    Suggestions are part of the keyboard, which is controlled by iOS. We can only decorate the field to inform iOS the kind of data we're expecting, so it can set the keyboard to ease the task for users. In this case, we're telling iOS we expect users to type an email, and it ultimately pulls out emails from the user's contact card. And it turns out that we can't control that in any way.

I haven't tried, but probably changing the order of emails your card will affect suggestions.

Cheers,
    Alessandro

• Thank you @ag_vendruscolo. Is there any way that you could relay my feedback back to Apple then? ;)

• ag_vendruscoloag_vendruscolo

Team Member

Hi @Psychor,
    We don’t have a direct contact at Apple for this, so I’d suggest you to use Feedback Assistant to provide feedback to Apple. We provided feedback for a similar issue, so if you add yours there are more chances Apple will consider changing the behavior.

Thanks, have a wonderful day!

• Thank you @ag_vendruscolo.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

On behalf of ag_vendruscolo, you are welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file