Feature request: Background auto sign-in

Options
Oleh
Oleh
Community Member

I'd like to have a following option for each saved website card in 1Password:
There should be a toggle switch that enables auto sign-in for the site. When off, 1Password functions in a same way as now. When on, 1Password should make a request to that website each X minutes and check if I'm still signed in. If not: use the identity data in the website card (URL, username, password, OTP) to prove my identity to the site and sign in.

Having all proper credentials, but still having to do manual login process and same button clicking every day is hilarious in 2020 :angry:

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.19.0
OS Version: macOS 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's such an interesting concept, @Oleh! Thanks for sharing your idea with me. I can't say if this is something we'd be able to implement, but it's fun to think about what the future could potentially hold. :)

• Oleh
    Oleh
    Community Member
    Options

Hey, @kaitlyn, the best UX would be if the websites had support for this protocol and I see it as a feature that could grow to a standard of authentication in future, if properly maintained and supported. That's a serious amount of work, and it could succeed only if industry-leading players (such as 1Password) would adopt it.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Oleh – Definitely. We've got a lot of websites to accommodate for, so it would have to turn into a widespread feature. That said, you'd be surprised how many websites are still making it really difficult for password managers to fill. It's hard for me to believe, honestly.

This discussion has been closed.