Autofill log-in with Touch ID (Mac)?

Hey, wondering if it was possible to autofill login details with Touch ID (just as it is implemented with safari's keychain), rather than having to press the autofill button. Would be a very handy feature!

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Gin_Soda! Welcome to the forum!

I am not familiar with the method you are describing, can you please elaborate on how it works exactly? Do you visit a website and just press the Touch ID button?

• Gin_Soda
    Gin_Soda
    Community Member

Hey! Yes with keychain on Safari, if you press on the login details section on any website, your touch id will flash and all you have to do is press (touch) the touch id and it will automatically fill in your username/password and automatically log in. With 1password on Safari, I have to first press on the login details section of the selected website, then press on the 1 password extension, then press on autofill, then press on login. Was wondering if it was possible to implement either the quick route of keychain where you just press on login section-->touch id= auto login. Or if you could press on the 1password extension--->touch id= auto login.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Gin_Soda:

Thank you for the clarification!

With 1password on Safari, I have to first press on the login details section of the selected website, then press on the 1 password extension, then press on autofill, then press on login.

Have you considered using the Cmd+\ keyboard shortcut instead? When you are on a page where you want to login, using the shortcut will fill your credentials without having to click several times :) If 1Password is unlocked, it will fill the credentials right away. If it's locked when you do it, the Touch ID prompt will appear instead.

• Gin_Soda
    Gin_Soda
    Community Member

Well I never knew you could do that- makes things much easier. Thank you! :chuffed:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @Gin_Soda! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.