Fingerprint prompt doesn't work on Mac after not using 1Password for a while

Options
jruehlin
jruehlin
Community Member

After rebooting or when I don't use 1Password for a few hours, I'll use command-\ to bring up the password manager to fill in a password. 1Password shows its fingerprint entry window, but the standard Mac fingerprint entry dialog does not come up. My fingerprint is not detected in this case. I have to dismiss the 1Password dialog and start over to get both the Mac and 1Password fingerprint dialogs, then it scans my fingerprint.
Is there a configuration issue that is causing this? Or is it a bug? I'd appreciate any advice.

I'm using 1Password 7 native app and the Safari extension.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: 7.5
OS Version: OSX 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jruehlin! Welcome to the forum!

After rebooting or when I don't use 1Password for a few hours, I'll use command-\ to bring up the password manager to fill in a password. 1Password shows its fingerprint entry window, but the standard Mac fingerprint entry dialog does not come up.

After using the Cmd+\ keyboard shortcut, is the focus on the 1Password fingerprint at that moment?

• jruehlin
    jruehlin
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana It's impossible to tell because there's no menubar on the 1Password window and no menu comes up for 1Password.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jruehlin:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• jruehlin
    jruehlin
    Community Member
    Options

OK I sent it in.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @jruehlin. It looks like my colleague Tommy reached out to you via email and is awaiting your reply. Let's continue the conversation there. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.