Firefox extension already installed but app keep suggesting me to install it in Firefox

Options
zevarito
zevarito
Community Member

On 1password osx app, after unlock with master password and the popup is show a message saying "Install one password extension to fill passwords... etc in Firefox" is always displayed, but I am actually already have installed the extension on Firefox.

How can I get rid of that message?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @zevarito

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. We have a guide that should help get you back up and running available here:

If you see “install the 1Password extension” in a browser where the extension is already installed

Going forward, I'd recommend quitting 1Password and any open web browsers before installing updates to 1Password in order to avoid this difficulty. I do apologize for the inconvenience, and I hope that is helpful. Please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

• zevarito
    zevarito
    Community Member
    Options

I'll try thanks

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @zevarito.

The other possibility is that you've installed the 1Password X browser extension instead of the 1Password extension (desktop app required). The former communicates directly with 1Password.com, instead of 1Password for Mac, and so this would be normal and expected in that case.

Ben

• MKerk
    MKerk
    Community Member
    Options

None of this is working for me... I am using FF version 77.0.1. It says it is the latest version.

To complicate matters my banks web page does not play well with Safari.

Any more ideas?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MKerk:

What version of the 1Password browser extension do you currently have installed?

• MKerk
    MKerk
    Community Member
    Options

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MKerk:

Thank you for the confirmation. So what happens exactly when you click on the 1Password browser extension button in Firefox? Does it open?

• MKerk
    MKerk
    Community Member
    Options

I get a screen that asks me to install the extension. I'll get a screen shot.

• MKerk
    MKerk
    Community Member
    Options

• MKerk
    MKerk
    Community Member
    Options

Never mind! I figured it out looking at my own screen shot! I had to check "Allow" in private windows.

Sorry to waste your time!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @MKerk. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.