Chrome extension not saving new password

When I use the Use Suggested Password function in the Chrome extension, it is not prompting me to save the login like it always has. It pre-fills the fields with a new password, but then it is not saved anywhere that I can find. I have tried it both with a brand new login and updating a password for an existing login. I have attached a screenshot below. There is no option to save as there was before.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kylenorton87!

Can you please let us know the URL of this website, so we can test it here too?

• gaaarfild
    gaaarfild
    Community Member

Happens the same way for me
    URL: https://www.treatwell.de/geschuetzte-aktion/?route=/
    It's probably not related to the particular website. It didn't work also for this forum.

BTW, can't connect image here:
    https://imgur.com/a/qkg8b4Y

• Hi @gaaarfild

Do you have extensions other than 1Password installed in your browser? If so could you please try temporarily disabling them and see if things work better then? For example in a Chrome profile that only has 1Password installed I'm seeing the box to insert an image for this forum fine:

Please let me know if that makes any difference. Thanks!

Ben

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@kylenorton87 @gaaarfild – I’m thinking you may be running into an issue that we recently figured out. It was a bug where a setting that no longer exists in 1Password X was interfering. Please give these steps a try and let me know if you see any better results:

1. Right click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser and select "Manage extensions".
    2. Turn on the "Developer Mode" switch on the top right if it isn't already turned on.
    3. Click the "Background Page" link in the center of the extension's information page. A new window will popup.
    4. Click the "Console" tab at the top.
    5. Write this line in the console and hit Enter: localStorage.removeItem("devtools")
    6. Close the window, then turn off/disable the 1Password X extension in the browser, and turn it back on again.
    7. Unlock it and see if it now saves your new logins properly.

ref: dev/core/core#1431

This discussion has been closed.