1password Mini keeps reminding me to install the Chrome extension even though I have 1password X

Options
heilner
heilner
Community Member

When in Chrome, every time I go to 1password mini, it shows an overlay screen reminding me to download the Chrome extension. It apparently is not aware of the 1password X I have installed in Chrome. This is annoying because I have to do some kind of unnecessary search to clear the overlay and actually interact with 1password mini. Please get rid of this behavior.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @heilner,

You are correct, 1Password does not know that you have 1Password X installed. 1Password X is a completely separate, self-contained version of 1Password. That comes with some benefits, such as not having issues with updates, a greater capability to use browser functions, and being completely platform independent, but it, currently, it doesn't communicate with the desktop application at all, which is why you see that message.

The beta version of 1Password X has desktop app integration features that we are in the process of building and testing. If you want to give that a shot, you can take a look at the 1Password X Beta section of this forum for more information.

This discussion has been closed.