I don't have mac OS 10.12.6, can I still get an older version of 1password? how secure is this?

Options
swetaandvinay
swetaandvinay
Community Member

Should I just get the 1password 6? how much does it cost to upgrade to 7 in the future? Also, can I sync on my macbook pro and android samsung device?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I don't have mac OS 10.12.6, can I still get an older version of 1password? how secure is this?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @swetaandvinay

Thank you for taking the time to write in and for your interest in getting started with 1Password. We no longer sell 1Password 6. As a security focused company we'd always recommend running the latest versions of all of your software, but especially your operating system, web browser(s), and 1Password. It may be time to start considering newer devices if at all feasible. I realize these devices are expensive and we're not financial consultants, but from a security perspective being stuck with an OS that is a number of major versions out of date on an internet connected device is far less than ideal. For example, it has been nearly 2 years since macOS 10.11 received a security update.

Until that is feasible I think the best I could recommend here would be using a 1Password membership, which will give you access to the 1Password.com web app as well as the 1Password X browser extension for Chrome/Firefox. It would also allow you to use 1Password for Android on your phone. All of your data would be accessible in any of those three places.

About 1Password membership

With that there wouldn't be any additional cost when you do have the opportunity to pick up a newer Mac which is capable of running 1Password for Mac. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.