Problem with Edge extension (chromium)

I have 1Password extension on my Microsoft Edge browser (chromium) but when I invoke it (Command+ ) I get this...

note the arrow showing that the extension is installed and on.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @zamboknee!

You installed the 1Password X browser extension in your browser. 1Password X is our latest extension which does not communicate with the desktop application, it is an independent extension that you can use without having to install anything else separately, so the desktop app does not know that it is installed.

in your case, it sounds like you were looking for the companion browser extension instead. What operating system are you currently using?

• zamboknee
    zamboknee
    Community Member

@ag_ana Thanks for the reply.
    I'm on Mac Osx 10.14.6

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2020

Thanks, @zamboknee! You've got a couple different options here. While the stable version of 1Password X doesn't communicate with the 1Password for Mac desktop app, we're currently testing what we call Desktop App Integration in the beta versions. If you're interested in that, you'd need to install the 1Password X beta as well as the 1Password for Mac beta. You can find more information here.

Like Ana mentioned, we also offer a companion browser extension, which is completely separate from 1Password X. The companion extension relies on the 1Password desktop app, and it uses the Command-\ keyboard shortcut that you may already be used to. If you'd prefer that one, you can install it here (Click the Chrome option since Edge is built off of Chromium these days).

This discussion has been closed.