Why won't 1P let my coworkers sign in with their master pw on my computer?

I have multiple workstations in my office/home and 4 of us use all of the computers at different times. When we go to a computer we weren't using previously, 1Password prompts for the password, but will only accept the most recently signed in person.

If that person is not available to use their password to login, we are unable to switch user. What is the work-around for this?

We always check the box that asks if this is a public or shared computer. Is that not necessary?

It also seems like the firefox widget and the computer app may be logged into separate identities. Can someone please point us in the right direction?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:won't let another user sign in

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lydiablanton!

We always check the box that asks if this is a public or shared computer. Is that not necessary?

This is the correct option to tick if you are using a share computer to login to the 1Password web interface. However, it sounds like you might be using the 1Password browser extension in your example: the extension connects directly to a 1Password account, and that account information is maintained when the extension is closed, unlike what happens with the web app. Those are two different systems.

If you want to do this in the browser extension, your best best will be to use separate browser profiles: this way, you can install the 1Password extension in each of them, so you can use your own browser extension, with your account information.

This discussion has been closed.