IE Add-on incredibly slow

I'm running Windows 8 64bit with IE10. I also have the latest version of Google Chrome installed.

1Password with Google Chrome works fine but IE10 is a different story. From when I try to launch 1Password, either by selecting from the menu or by using ctrl+\, it takes roughly 20 seconds just to open 1Password. During this time I see a huge CPU spike and my mouse becomes sluggish.

1Password add-on version is 1.0.0.305, 32-bit.

Thanks,
-Ron

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2013

Sorry to hear you're having that trouble in Internet Explorer, Ron. Please try resetting Internet Explorer which Microsoft describes as being a cure for this sort of behavior:

"Is browsing always slow in Internet Explorer? Does it frequently freeze or crash?"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737#showme

"When you reset Internet Explorer settings, all add-ins and customizations are deleted. You basically start with a fresh version of Internet Explorer. This article helps you reset Internet Explorer."

Just follow the instructions for Windows 8 and let me know if you're still having trouble.

• roncri
    roncri
    Community Member
    Wow, what a difference. Tried the reset and it made a HUGE difference. Thanks.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2013
    Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)
This discussion has been closed.