Login credentials revert to previous version occassionally

seanoffshotgun
seanoffshotgun
Community Member
edited May 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi.
Today I updated credentials in a login via Chrome on Windows.
I checked the usage of these new credentials in the associated website and they worked fine.
I also added other notes to the login.
I checked the credentials also worked in the Android app associated with the same website (populating via 1Password app), and that worked fine.
Later I noticed the login credentials, and notes had in 1Password on Chrome reverted back to what was previously saved.
Now my new website/app login credentials (password) and notes were lost.
I went back to my Android phone and looked at the logins details there in 1Password. They changed in front of my eyes!
My wife has in the last couple of days complained of this - I (bad me) assumed that she was mistaken.
I was able to complete password recovery for the website/app... but I am worried about other credentials that I have changed but have missed where 1Password has reverted them.
We are still in our 1 month trial.
We are really liking the Chrome, Android and PC implementations of 1Password, the look and feel, and the syncing - 21st century compared to our previous password manager.
But the randomness of this experience is somewhat scary.
What should we be thinking/doing?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @seanoffshotgun! Welcome to the forum!

Can you confirm what sync method you are currently using?

• seanoffshotgun
    seanoffshotgun
    Community Member

Hi, Thanks for replying.
    I'm not sure how to find out what sync method I'm using. I don't remember setting up iCloud, DropBox, WLAN server or local folder, so is the answer 1Password? (just reading this https://support.1password.com/sync-options/)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@seanoffshotgun:

Yes, in that case it's possible that you are using 1Password.com to sync your data, thank you for the confirmation! Since you mentioned doing this in the Chrome extension, can you let us know what version of the extension you are using exactly?

• seanoffshotgun
    seanoffshotgun
    Community Member

Chrome extension is 1.19.1. :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@seanoffshotgun:

Thank you! I think we should look at some logs to see if we can find out what really happened.

Here you can find the instructions to get the logs for the 1Password X browser extension. And in addition to those, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Android device as well. You can email them both to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• seanoffshotgun
    seanoffshotgun
    Community Member

That was fun! :) Here's the ticket number ... [#JNN-57957-449]
    Thanks again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2020

@seanoffshotgun:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: JNN-57957-449

This discussion has been closed.