OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I AM UNABLE TO REMEMBER MY MASTER PASSWORD

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mikeeilleen!

A category is a place where you can store items of the same type, for example Logins, Bank Accounts, Passports etc. Every item goes into a specific category :+1:

• Detlef_Huss
    Detlef_Huss
    Community Member

I understand that categories seem to be predefined and are leading to templates. Is there any option for changing the categories?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Detlef_Huss:

Categories are indeed fixed templates that cannot be changed. However, we are thinking about allowing custom categories. The feature is already available as a beta feature in Business accounts, so depending on how the tests go, we might think about extending it ;)

• Detlef_Huss
    Detlef_Huss
    Community Member

Tx! For myself the priority for the time being is low. But, as time is going, it may become neccessary.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Detlef_Huss:

Understood, thank you for letting us know! We will continue testing and evaluating this moving forward :+1:

• claypole
    claypole
    Community Member

This is a feature I keep coming back to, as being able to use 1Password as a home inventory would be brilliant.

Is this feature close?

• I don't have anything to announce, however you may want to take a read through this blog post:

Secure all the things in Secure Notes

We've outlined some tips for using the Secure Notes category to make custom templates. I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.