Updated 1Password, enter key no longer dismisses 1Password mini?

v_j
v_j
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi, I just updated to Version 7.6.BETA-0 (70600000) this morning and it looks like the enter key no longer dismisses the mini window:
When I use the keyboard shortcut to bring up 1Password, it works and I can start typing right away to search what I need. When I find it and press arrow right, I can highlight the username, password, etc of that entry.
Previously, when I would then press enter, it would copy that field AND dismiss 1Password, but now 1Password stays on top and I have to close it to paste the field... did this change in the latest beta?

1Password Version: 7.6.BETA-0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.4 (19E287)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_vendruscolo
    ag_vendruscolo
    1Password Alumni

Hi @v_j, thanks for bringing this to our attention.
    We've made some changes to that, and it seems that we introduced a regression. We'll work to get this fixed in a future release, so please keep an eye on the release notes.
    In the meantime, I'd like to tell you that after pressing enter to copy the value, you'll can press esc to dismiss mini — at least you can work with the keyboard only.

Thanks for taking the time to test our beta! We really appreciate it.

Cheers,
    A.

• v_j
    v_j
    Community Member

Thanks! great to hear there is a keyboard-only way to get around this - I love to work without reaching for the mouse!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for your feedback about this @v_j :)

• Xipper
    Xipper
    Community Member

Came here to raise this issue as it is really disruptive.

• buro71a
    buro71a
    Community Member
    edited May 2020

It works fine if you just <return> the entry itself. It will fill in the fields and dismisses 1p mini. Only when you select one specific field of that entry 1p mini remains open. :-)

• Thanks for that tip @buro71a. :)

Ben

• frenn
    frenn
    Community Member

I just wanted to chime in that I am also finding this change annoying. I appreciate the suggested work-arounds, and look forward to it being fixed in a future release.

On a related note, I was wondering if it might be possible to incorporate some of the 1password mini keyboard shortcuts into the main 1password window. Sometimes I use that instead of the mini, and would appreciate being able to use the arrow keys to select information like the the mini window allows. So up and down to go between entries, then right to dive into an entry, and then once there, up and down to highlight different fields such as username, password, and one-time-passwords. Followed by [enter] to copy the item. Basically, make it easier to use the keyboard without the mouse.

Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@frenn:

So up and down to go between entries, then right to dive into an entry, and then once there, up and down to highlight different fields such as username, password, and one-time-passwords.

The 1Password for Mac app already has several shortcuts so you can access several fields inside an item without even having to use the arrow keys ;)

1Password keyboard shortcuts

• ag_vendruscolo
    ag_vendruscolo
    1Password Alumni

@v_j @Xipper @buro71a Hope you had a great week end! I wanted to chime in to say that this particular issue has been fixed and should be out in the next beta, so please keep an eye on release notes.

@frenn thanks for your feedback. We'll look into improving keyboard navigation for the main 1Password window. Can't promise anything, but this sounds like something that we can definitely improve in a future release.

Thanks everyone!

• v_j
    v_j
    Community Member

I just got the update and I can now say the issue is fixed!
    Thank you!

• @v_j

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.