2FA issues

Options
lungrunner
lungrunner
Community Member

I have set up 2FA with Authenticate via 1Pswd. I thought this would mean that when I opened 1Pswd on my iMacPro w Catalina that it would request another device to authenticate with a 6 digit code. Rather, it just opened like usual. In 1Pswd>Preferences it shows that 2FA is turned on. Next step?

Also, when I view items for logging on under Watchtower>Two-Factor Auth I can view several Logins that have the purple banner that Two Factor Authentication is available. But I am not sure how to have each site set this up. Maybe it means that I have to log on to each site and go to each site's preferences and set up their 2FA.

On a different note, in 1Pswd when it offers a more stringent PW alternative I do not see how that helps me. If I accept the 1Pswd suggestion when I log on to the website they don't know that I have changed PW and likely will reject my logging on. Is that not correct or am I missing something?

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lungrunner!

I have set up 2FA with Authenticate via 1Pswd. I thought this would mean that when I opened 1Pswd on my iMacPro w Catalina that it would request another device to authenticate with a 6 digit code. Rather, it just opened like usual. In 1Pswd>Preferences it shows that 2FA is turned on. Next step?

1Password will only prompt your for your 2FA code the first time you add it on a new device. If you have already added your account there, 1Password will not ask you for your 6 digit codes anymore.

Also, when I view items for logging on under Watchtower>Two-Factor Auth I can view several Logins that have the purple banner that Two Factor Authentication is available. But I am not sure how to have each site set this up. Maybe it means that I have to log on to each site and go to each site's preferences and set up their 2FA.

Here is the guide that shows you how to do this:

Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication

On a different note, in 1Pswd when it offers a more stringent PW alternative I do not see how that helps me. If I accept the 1Pswd suggestion when I log on to the website they don't know that I have changed PW and likely will reject my logging on. Is that not correct or am I missing something?

Can you give us an example of where this happens?

This discussion has been closed.