I PASSWORD 6 from Sierra To Mojave

Options
Community Member

Hello, I have a License 6.5.3 for 1 Password 6. I operate under Mac OS 0.12.6 Sierra . I am about to upgrade to IOS 14.6.06 Mojave. Will it work? Anything to do?
Regards
JM Davis

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1 password 6 with mojave

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @172

Did you end up moving to a 1Password account?

I am trying to move to a family account from a single license 1Password 6 — 1Password Forum

1Password 6 is incompatible with modern versions of Safari. If you'd like to use Safari with 1Password you'd need to upgrade to 1Password 7. That upgrade would be included with your account, if you have one. If you haven't made that jump yet, now would be a good time to consider doing so. :)

Ben

Community Member
    Options

Hi
    Ben,
    Do you suggest moving to a membership or to an account, i don't quite understant the difference.
    2) Should i upgrade 1 Password after upgrading from Sierra to Mojave?

I am just concerned of being able to get my pass words from my previous 1 Password 6 after downloading Mojave.

JM

• Ben
    Options

@172

Do you suggest moving to a membership or to an account, i don't quite understant the difference.

I do, yes. As we hit on a bit in your thread I mentioned above membership is the way forward with 1Password. Among other things it gives you access to the latest versions of the software which you're going to want to have. :) As a security focused company we'd always recommend running the latest versions of all of your software, but especially your operating system, web browser(s), and 1Password. You can read more about the benefits membership provides here:

About 1Password membership

Should i upgrade 1 Password after upgrading from Sierra to Mojave?

I would do so before upgrading to Mojave. You can download and install 1Password 7 from our website to get started. Further instructions can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Also - is there a reason to not upgrade to macOS Catalina? As mentioned above we recommend running the latest version. Please let me know.

Ben

Community Member
    Options

Hello Ben

Thank you, i understand your advice and i think you are right but,
    1) How can i download and install 1password 7 when it runs on High Sierra and not on Sierra?
    I have Sierra right now.
    2) Should i do the membership or the download and install...this is confusing i am sorry ben
    3) My Mac does not accept Catalina ( Mac Book Pro Mid 2012)
    Regards
    JM

• Ben
    Options

1) How can i download and install 1password 7 when it runs on High Sierra and not on Sierra?
    I have Sierra right now.

It will actually run on Sierra (10.12). We don't list it as a supported operating system due to issues with the reliability of Touch ID on that OS, but that isn't really relevant for what we're trying to accomplish here. You'll only be running v7 on Sierra for a short time in order to facilitate the upgrade process.

2) Should i do the membership or the download and install...this is confusing i am sorry ben

No worries. Download and install 1Password 7 and then follow the instructions in this guide:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

The guide will walk you though all of the steps. Please make sure to follow the guide all the way through to the bottom.

3) My Mac does not accept Catalina ( Mac Book Pro Mid 2012)

I understand. We're not financial advisors, and I know these devices are expensive, but if the device is old enough that it will no longer run the latest operating system it may be time to start planning for a newer model. That said, the MacBook Pro from mid-2012 is listed by Apple as being compatible with Catalina:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210222

Ben

Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ed i'll try to do as you suggest. Have a nice day, JMD

• Ben
    Options

You as well. :)

Ben

Community Member
    Options

Ben,
    1)
    I tried to download 1Password 7 but it could not install on my Mac which is on Sierra. I finally took an account and migrated my data into my personal Vault that is called JMD. I Did not delete my primary Vault. I am ready to do it but i realized that the primary vault is the one that synchronise with I Cloud! What should i do? Delete it and my personal JMD Vault will become the new primary?
    Thank you for explaining.
    2)
    I guess now i'm ready to update my OS to Mojave and my account once i sign in will allow me to update to 1Password7? Am i correct?
    Regards, JM

• Ben
    Options

@172

I guess now i'm ready to update my OS to Mojave and my account once i sign in will allow me to update to 1Password7? Am i correct?

If you sign in at https://my.1password.com/ do you see all of your data there? If so then it is safe (and highly recommended) to delete the vault called "Primary." Once you've verified that then I'd say you're good to go.

I tried to download 1Password 7 but it could not install on my Mac which is on Sierra

What happened when you tried to install 1Password 7?

Ben

Community Member
    Options

Ben,

Everything is cool now. After Mojave was installed, i downloaded 1Password7 and it's working just fine. Thanks for helping me making the move.
    Regards, JMD

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.