Samsung internet crashing

P4444
P4444
Community Member

Hi I installed 1password on my S10 yesterday and changed lots of passwords. At the end of today any time I click on a sites login page my Samsung internet crashes. Even when I uninstall 1 password the problem persists and I have cleared cache and data. It has to be something to do with 1password as it only started happening after the install and only on login pages. Please help

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @P4444!

I don't think this has to do with 1Password if the same thing happens after you have uninstalled 1Password from your device. Have you tried rebooting your device already?

Also, can you please clarify what you mean by this?

my Samsung internet crashes

What do you mean exactly? Does your browser crash, or does your Samsung device get disconnected from the network?

• P4444
    P4444
    Community Member

Hi

The samsing internet app closes itself continually until I back out of the login page or close the tab, which I have to do quickly upon reopening before it crashes again. I have rebooted many times and cleared data and cache. The problem persists on every login page I go to, it's fine on every other page. Even though I have deleted 1pw and the problem persists, it seems too coincidental that the browser crashes on every login in page repeatedly, which it has never done ever, the same day I started using a password manager.

Thanks

• @P4444 You mentioned earlier that you uninstalled 1Password and cleared the app cache and data. Did you also clear Samsung Internet's cache?

• P4444
    P4444
    Community Member

@peri sorry yes I meant the internet data and cache. I've switched to Firefox now which is working fine but I liked the Samsung internet but it's completely unusable.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@P4444:

Can you please make sure that there are no available updates for your Android device? Perhaps this could also be a recent bug that might have been fixed in one of the latest operating system updates.

• P4444
    P4444
    Community Member

Sorry it's up to date.

• @P4444 Is Samsung Internet an app that can be uninstalled and reinstalled? If so, can you try reinstalling it and let us know if that helps?

• P4444
    P4444
    Community Member

It can't be deleted.

• @P4444 I've done a bit of research on this, and it looks like a common issue for Samsung Internet users, I'm afraid. I believe the fact that you had just installed 1Password when this happened was a coincidence. As if this was related to 1Password, uninstalling 1Password should have resolved it.

It may be related to something else on the device or another 3rd party app. Did you happen to install any custom fonts? If so, that could be a reason for the crashing. You could also try signing out and back into your Samsung account. Also, try booting your device in Safe Mode. If you're able to use Samsung Internet in Safe Mode, that would indicate an issue with an installed app, after which you can try reinstalling other apps to see if it resolves the problems.

This discussion has been closed.