Quicken Confusion between 2 login portals

Options

Quicken has two different portals, one for support and one for an online view of your Quicken data. The support portal is community.quicken.com. The online account portal is signin.quicken.com.

1Password 7 is only giving me the option to fill the password from signing.quicken.com, and is ignoring my saved community login in the suggestions. If I pop open the Chrome plug-in and "find" the community portal settings it doesn't seem to want to autofill.

When I reset the password for the community portal, 1P seems to want to save into the signin portal, and doesn't give me the option to save to the community portal login.

1Password Version: 7.4.767
Extension Version: 1.19.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @tempeCarlson!

That's interesting, and thank you for sharing your experience with me. I haven't been able to reproduce the same behavior. When I visit the sign in form, I see:

When I visit the community page, I see:

Both pages show my same Quicken Login item, though, so I'm curious what website URL you have stored inside your Quicken Login item.

• tempeCarlson
    tempeCarlson
    Community Member
    Options

You may be right, but I'm not sure my explanation was clear.

In my case those two portals have different credentials. If you use the same credentials on both, I think I would have been OK. It happens that I use different credentials for the account page and the community page. It seems less than optimal to use the same password in both places since they serve two different functions.

What was happening was that 1P seemed to be struggling to distinguish the difference between the accounts portal and the community portal. It was serving me "test" (per your example) in both places where I needed "test" and "test2".

Does that change your thinking at all?

Thank you so much for your prompt reply! -d

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tempeCarlson – Ah, that makes much more sense. I apologize for misunderstanding you the first time around. While both Quicken items should show up in Suggestions on each site, the item with an exact match to the website you're visiting should appear first. I'll explain that a bit.

Based on your explanation, it sounds like you'll have one item for signin.quicken.com and one item for community.quicken.com. To visualize that, look below.

signin.quicken.com:

community.quicken.com:

When I visit signin.quicken.com, you can see that my item with signin.quicken.com is the first one suggested:

When I visit community.quicken.com, you can see that my item with community.quicken.com is the first one suggested:

Based on that, can you double check the website URLs in both of your Quicken items and make sure one reflects signin.quicken.com and one reflects community.quicken.com? Let me know what you find.

• tempeCarlson
    tempeCarlson
    Community Member
    Options

That was a good suggestion.
    I took a look at the save information for the community site and the URL was somehow malformed. I deleted the save URLs and penciled it in by hand.
    Now when I go to either site, I get a choice of one or the other which I've named appropriately. It's easy to pick the right one now.
    Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of kailtyn, you are welcome @tempeCarlson!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.