No iCloud Sync on iMac

Options
Alex_F
Alex_F
Community Member

Hello everybody!

I installed 1Password on my iMac. I have an annual membership. I wanted to set up 1Password to synchronize my vaults with iCloud. Unfortunately the Sync button is missing in the settings. So I cannot find my primary vault in iCloud at all. On the iPhone the sync with iCloud works fine, I can see my primary vault there. Now how can I get 1Password to sync my data in iCloud? 1Password is also enabled under iCloud-Drive in System Preferences on the Mac. I am at a loss!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Alex_F

Thanks for taking the time to write in. 1Password memberships don't sync using iCloud. That's one of the benefits of membership — 1Password itself is the sync service. Deleting the 'Primary' vault is part of the migration process when moving to a membership from standalone, but it sounds like that did not happen on your iPhone.

If you sign in at https://my.1password.com/ are you able to view all of your data there? Or are there items in your Primary vault that are not on 1Password.com? Please let me know. We'll be happy to help you get this sorted.

Ben

• Alex_F
    Alex_F
    Community Member
    Options

When I log in to 1Password.com, I only see a personal safe. But I also have passwords stored on my iPhone that do not appear here, but are only visible on the iPhone in my primary vault

• Ben
    Options

Gotcha. Thanks for confirming @Alex_F. In that case I would recommend using the Settings > Advanced > Migrate Data to Your Account option in 1Password on your iPhone.

Ben

• Alex_F
    Alex_F
    Community Member
    Options

I'll try that. Do I have to uncheck the box under Settings/Icloud/Icloud-Drive/1Password on the Mac?

• Ben
    Options

@Alex_F

Nope; that should be fine as-is. :)

Ben

• Alex_F
    Alex_F
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help, Ben :-)

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.