To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Sync options

This discussion was created from comments split from: Can't sync 1password windows app with iPhone app.

Comments

• alandblue
    alandblue
    Community Member

I am having the same issue. What are the different methods to sync data between devices?

• Hey @alandblue

1Password membership is its own sync method. When you sign into the same account on all of your devices, the vaults that are part of your account will automatically be accessible on those devices. If you're not seeing that happen, there are a couple things to check:

1. Are all of the devices signed into the same account?
    2. Do any of the devices have a vault called 'Primary' on them? Or, any vaults that do not appear if you sign in at https://my.1password.com/ ?

Please let us know. We'll be happy to help.

Ben

• alandblue
    alandblue
    Community Member

That seems to be the problem. I was inputting data on the laptop under my wife’s account. Is there a way to transfer to my account?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@alandblue:

If you are both using a Families account, you could move those items to the account's Shared vault, so you can then move it from there to your Private vault.

• KIBARA
    KIBARA
    Community Member

I am responding to Ben's comment. I am having trouble syncing 1Password 7 with my iPhone, and I DO have the issue with having a vault named Primary which does not show up at https://my.1password.com/

I just added a new sign in on my Mac, and it shows up in the Primary vault (synced to iCloud) but not in the Personal vault. It also does not show up on my iPhone.

• @KIBRA,

We recommend the removal of the Primary vault to prevent confusion just as you experienced. Primary vaults do not show up in https://my.1Password.com as they are not syncing to your 1Password.com membership. They use a different sync method, such as Dropbox or iCloud.

Compare the data in the Primary vault and your membership vaults. Then move any (missing) items from your Primary vault to the membership vault. Once everything is present, remove the Primary: 1Password > Preferences > Advanced. Remove the checkmark beside the Local Vaults selection.

• KIBARA
    KIBARA
    Community Member

@ag_tommy

Thank you so much! Worked like a charm :)

• Excellent news! :)

• Bevmartin
    Bevmartin
    Community Member

Hello, please help. I have had a 1Password LICENCE for many many years. And then accidentally signed up for membership some time ago which I cancelled because having TWO separate 1 PW accounts is not the plan. I struggled to get support around how to keep ONE of those, chose to keep the licence and relinquish the membership. I find the licence and the membership uber confusing. I would like to add the 1pw app to my iPhone. How can I be sure that I am accessing my LICENCED account and not getting tangled up in membership again? ANY help to clarify this is much appreciated, thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Bevmartin:

When you first install the 1Password app on your phone, in the first window of the app after you launch it, please choose the sync method that you are currently using (for example, iCloud or Dropbox), and do not create a Membership account if you don't want one ;)

This discussion has been closed.