1Password not asking to save login info in Safari

downeaster59
downeaster59
Community Member

I have just installed 1Password 7 on my MacBook Pro which is running macOS 10.15.5. I installed the Safari extension. I see the icon in Safari. I restarted the Mac. I tried several websites. My Mac is set up to fill in login info using TouchID. I log in using TouchID, but 1Password never asks me to save the login info.

My main purpose in trying 1Password is to find a way to access my Mac passwords on my Surface Go 2 without copying each one manually from Keychain.

Any help would be appreciated!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @downeaster59! Welcome to the forum!

My Mac is set up to fill in login info using TouchID. I log in using TouchID, but 1Password never asks me to save the login info.

It sounds like you are using Safari to keep storing your information, instead of 1Password. Have you disabled the built-in password manager in your browser already? If you let Safari save the passwords for you, it could cause interference with 1Password, so I wonder if this is what is happening on your machine.

• downeaster59
    downeaster59
    Community Member

I hadn't disabled the built-in password manager in Safari. I disabled it and then 1Password worked correctly. (Imagine that!) I was hoping for a shortcut in transferring passwords from Safari to 1Password, but that isn't going to work, apparently! I'll just do each password manually with 1Password, then!

Thanks for your help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@downeaster59:

I hadn't disabled the built-in password manager in Safari. I disabled it and then 1Password worked correctly.

That's great to hear!

I was hoping for a shortcut in transferring passwords from Safari to 1Password, but that isn't going to work, apparently! I'll just do each password manually with 1Password, then!

You can try the MrC converter suite for that, which was written by a member of our community ;)

This discussion has been closed.