What is the easiest way to quickly display the SHOW PREVIOUSLY USED PASSWORDS for a site login?

jmjm
jmjm
Community Member

It seems always hit and miss for me to call up this information.

(It is important information and so I take it it must be very difficult to accidentally delete such information?)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.19.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2020

Hi @jmjm!

The easiest way is probably in the 1Password desktop apps, towards the bottom of the item details. For example, this is how it looks like in 1Password for Mac:

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    edited May 2020

Thanks for the post @ag_ana . So is it not possible to view such information from within 1PX? (I thought I used to see it when simply selectiong "Open in a new window" or EDIT but not now.) (I am a Windows user).

(And not to be picky but is it SHOW PREVIOUSLY USED PASSWORDS or PASSWORD HISTORY as you have written?)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jmjm:

So is it not possible to view such information from within 1PX?

I am not aware of a way to see this directly within 1Password X, only in the web app or in the actual apps.

(And not to be picky but is it SHOW PREVIOUSLY USED PASSWORDS or PASSWORD HISTORY as you have written?)

It's called Password History in 1Password for Mac, and Show Previously Used Passwords in the web app on 1Password.com:

They are the same thing though, so you can refer to it however you prefer :+1:

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

It's called Password History in 1Password for Mac

I mention this as I am strictly a windows user.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jmjm:

I am not sure what you are asking at this point. The feature is called Show previously used passwords in Windows too. Does that help?

This discussion has been closed.