Bug report: Cursor disappears when clicking "new field" after filling in "label"

sandy_suppleweed
sandy_suppleweed
Community Member

When something is entered into the empty space for new fields, either in the "label" or the "new field" row, a new empty set of those is automatically created when the cursor leaves the current field. That's good. If I fill "label" and hit Tab, the new set is created and the cursor jumps to "new field" for the current entry. That's good, too. However, if instead of hitting Tab, I click on "new field" after filling "label", the new empty set is created but the cursor disappears. That's not good, because I have to click a second time on "new field" to continue filling in the entry.

It'd be nice if you could fix this!

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• sandy_suppleweed
    sandy_suppleweed
    Community Member

PS: This doesn't happen specifically when clicking the "new field" row. You can click any editable field after filling the "label" row; after the new empty set is created, there is no cursor where you clicked, requiring you to click there again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sandy_suppleweed!

I think I might have managed to reproduce the behavior you are describing. Just to make sure I understand what you meant: are you referring to the fact that, when you click on a new field, what you see is 1Password creating a new field below the one you clicked on, without putting the cursor where you clicked? Is that the behavior you would like to see improved?

• sandy_suppleweed
    sandy_suppleweed
    Community Member

are you referring to the fact that, when you click on a new field, what you see is 1Password creating a new field below the one you clicked on, without putting the cursor where you clicked?

Yes, though as I added, this happens with any editable field that is clicked, not just the "new field" row.

I made a short screen recording showing the behavior. You can view or download it here. First is clicking on "new field" (no cursor appears there, second click necessary); second is clicking on the URL field (no cursor there either, again second click necessary); third is using Tab instead of clicking, which puts the cursor where it should be.

• Thanks @sandy_suppleweed. That is very helpful. I was able to reproduce this. I'll bring it up with the team and see if we can consider changing that behavior, or if there is good reason for it.

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#4767

• sandy_suppleweed
    sandy_suppleweed
    Community Member

Thank you!

• You're very welcome and thank you for taking the time to report this. :)

Ben

• sandy_suppleweed
    sandy_suppleweed
    Community Member

Addendum: The same behavior as reported above is also observed when filling in a new section name, then clicking on any other field. (When the "section" field loses focus, a new section is created below, but there is no text cursor in the field that was clicked.) I've added a screen recording to my previous link for clarity, under the name "1p7.5_cursor_bug_2.mov".

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @sandy_suppleweed!

This discussion has been closed.