Share an Item DIRECT to fellow team vault member

buckZor
buckZor
Community Member

It's beyond me how this is an overlooked feature.. We have 1Password Business and love it. Often times we change passwords of Administrative accounts and need to share that with one or more members. You would THINK that 1Password Business would allow me to direct share an item SECURELY between fellow 1Password Business team members, but it does not. The only workaround we've come up with is to have a Temporary Vault that all accounts have access to, and then we name the item something innocuous e.g. "orange" then I tell John, OK, item Orange is your new administrative account password. I move the item from my personal vault to the Temporary Items vault, and then he immediately moves it to his personal vault. Everyone in the Business Team CAN see the item, but they don't know what/who it's for. Prior to this system we were Texting the password, which to me is even less secure. Can Agilebits PLEASE give us a secure method to do this? Item Share seems the obvious way. I suppose Item Move could target a team member but that doesn't seem prudent, as it could be used maliciously.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.5
Sync Type: Agilebits Cloud

Comments

• Hi @buckZor

The recommended way of handling this at present would be to have a shared vault that is accessible to each of the parties (and only those parties). We do realize this can lead to a fairly extensive vault setup, and that is something we're looking into.

Create, share, and manage vaults in your team

We do also have an item sharing feature in beta testing. I'm not sure that would solve this problem for you though, as the copy is in no way linked with the original. If for example the person you send the copy to changes the password on the copy... you wouldn't know that, or receive that updated password.

I'd suggest considering setting up vaults that would enable you to share items. :) Thanks.

Ben

• buckZor
    buckZor
    Community Member

We'd considered this insane One-Off vault structure but with the size of our team it's untenable and .. insane. Perhaps the "Share" item feature with fellow Business member could be more of a "Give" because we don't care about a link to the original. The item is FOR the person we intend to share it to in our use case.

• Gotcha. Thanks for the additional details. In that case I think the item sharing feature currently in beta would be helpful. I would recommend reaching out to your account manager (or business@1password.com) to get further details on that.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.