Unable to use 1pw on iPad

tommy
tommy
Community Member

When I go to a web page 1pw dutifully is offered to log in.
When I have trouble logging in I go to the 1 pw app
1) Touch ID now doesn't work
2) I put my password in and get a screen with no URLs nor a window to chose the type of card I am looking for nor preferences to make sure touch id is still allowed (see picture)
3) I click in the search dialogue box, a list of items comes up, I write the name of what I am looking for. For example Apple. The card for Apple comes up, I click it (I want to copy the password for example I get a dialogue saying "1Password can't verify that 1password.com should have acces to you Apple ID login. Do you want to fill it in anyway? I accept AutoFill and it takes me back to the 1pw login page (see screenshot)

What gives?

Where do I find the version of iPW on my iPad? I always upgrade.

I tried to attach two pictures. Are they there?

1Password Version: iPadOS 13.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:unable to use 1pw on iPad

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tommy!

2) I put my password in and get a screen with no URLs nor a window to chose the type of card I am looking for nor preferences to make sure touch id is still allowed (see picture)

Can you please post the picture you are referring to?

Where do I find the version of iPW on my iPad? I always upgrade.

Under 1Password Settings, towards the bottom of the window.

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_ana
    I tried to include the pictures. Apparently they did not arrive. When I tried to paste them into the message all I received was a URL to my hard disk where I had placed them. Where and how can I forward them
    Since I can't finish opening 1pw I can't I can' see any part of the window except a dialogue box

• @tommy

You can attach images via the option above the text box. I have included a screenshot you would select the choose files button and locate the image you wish to upload. * Please be mindful not to include any sensitive information like usernames and passwords.

• ag_tommy
    edited June 2020

Based upon your description, it sounds as if you are attempting to fill details on a site that your login does not correspond to. Hopefully, those screenshots will help. :)

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member

ag_tommy
    I see the dialogue box and the button above but none do anything when I click them. There is absolutely no reaction.
    As to the login, I get a blank page, I put mu cursor with a list if items in 1pw, I type "Apple" and get the Apple card. I press it to copy the pw

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member

@ag_tommy

Here are the images - sorry

• @tommy

In the first screenshot it looks as if you are attempting to fill your Apple ID into 1Password.com Do you have a login stored inside 1Password for accessing 1Password.com?

The last screenshot looks like 1Password attempted to find a login for 1Password.com and failed to find any matching results.

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member

@ag_tommy I'm not sure I understand. 1pw works fine on my mac. and I have 3 similar logins with passwords labeled apple and something else. When I log in on the iPad I see nothing until I put the cursor inside the search bar. Then I see a list of 1pw items in alphabecial order. I typed apple and this is what I got. On the mac I can see the apple card and I can, for example copy the password. Here all I see is this, no matter what card I am looking for. I was looking for something else, for the screenshots I used Apple

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member

On the iPhone it works as expected

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tommy:

I'm not sure I understand. 1pw works fine on my mac.

AutoFill is an iOS feature, so this is unrelated to the behavior you see on the Mac.

On the iPhone it works as expected

Are you saying that on your iPhone, when you are on 1Password.com and launch the AutoFill screen, you are shown your 1Password credentials without having to search for them?

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member

Hello ag_ana. What I am saying is that on my iPhone 1pw works as expected. I don't want to Autofill anything. I want to copy a password or a login. No problem on the iPhone. On my iPad 1pw doesn't work.
    As shown in the screeshots, after logging in to 1pw, nothing is visible. When I put my finger into the searchbar, I can search for say "Apple" in this case. I can go no further. What I wanted to do is copy the password of the card, in the example, Apple, I get a dialogue saying "1Password can't verify that 1password.com should have access to you Apple ID login. Do you want to fill it in anyway? I accept AutoFill (no other option) and it takes me back to the 1pw login page (see screenshot)

• @tommy

I don't want to Autofill anything.

"Autofill" is the iOS feature that allows 1Password to insert your credentials into web pages. When you're in the Safari app you're interacting with the iOS autofill feature.

I want to copy a password or a login.

Okay. To do that you'd open the 1Password app from the iPad's home screen, unlock it if prompted, tap on the 'Categories' tab, and then select the item in question.

Apple, I get a dialogue saying "1Password can't verify that 1password.com should have access to you Apple ID login.

When you see this, are you in the Safari app or the 1Password app? It sounds to me like you're in the former, but should be in the latter.

Ben

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member

@Ben.
    1) I don't want to autofill anything, but that is the only option I have.
    2) I am not in Safari. I go the the 1pw app on the home screen of my iPad because I want to copy a password in order to insert it else where or to examine it for any reason. I can do this on my iPhone. I can't do this on my iPad

• @tommy

In both of your screenshots I can see 'Please try again' in the Master Password field... indicating your Master Password was not entered correctly. Please try this:

1. Launch 1Password from the iPad's home screen
    2. Type your Master Password in the Master Password field and then press enter / tap the unlock button to the immediate right of the Master Password field

What do you see after that?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.