1P Mini won't show if Firefox with 1Password X extension is in foreground

Firefox 76.0.1

If Firefox is in the foreground and I click on 1P in my Menu Bar it flashes but never appears. If I click on the background or some other app (TextEdit, iTerm, etc.), then 1P in the Menu Bar, it then appears as expected.

1Password Version: 7.6.BETA-1
Extension Version: 1.19.1
OS Version: 10.15.5
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

Thanks for the report, @bmorgenthaler! You mentioned you currently have 1Password X 1.19.1 installed, but this is the 1Password X beta forum category. That could very well have been a mistake, but I'm wondering if you see the same behavior when you install the 1Password X beta instead. You can find the direct link to the 1Password X beta for Firefox here.

• @kaitlyn Ahh you are correct, that Firefox profile didn't have the correct extension installed. I've now tried it with proper version and it's working.

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

@bmorgenthaler – I'm glad to hear that fixed things!

• Okay so the previous report was because of different extensions installed but the same issue is happening in two different scenarios. Two Firefox instances running with different profiles, profile A with 1Password X Beta installed and profile B without.

Scenario #1: In Profile A (1pX Beta installed), when a basic auth dialog appears, if it is in the foreground I cannot access 1Password Mini in the tray to get credentials.

Scenario #2: When Profile B (No 1pX Beta) is in the foreground 1Password Mini won't open from the tray.

Currently Installed:
    macOS: 10.15.5
    1Password: 7.6.BETA-4
    1Password Mini X (Beta): 1.20.4

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@bmorgenthaler:

For confirmation, by "tray" you mean the macOS menu bar at the top of the screen, correct?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file