Would like to standalone purchase but is v8 just around the corner?

Hi guys
I'd like to make a standalone purchase of 1Password (I detest subscriptions) but am hesitant to buy if there's any sign of v8 on the horizon....I've been bitten before when purchasing and a major upgrade was released within 12 months or so.

As v7 has been out for several years, is anyone able to comment as to whether its still a good time to make a standalone purchase, or if I should wait?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dancodanco Senior Member Community Moderator

AgileBits never make any comments on future versions, and I'm just a user anyway, so I can't say anything. 1PW7 has been out for long enough now that a new version does seem possible.

My own view is that there is enough advantage in a subscription that I would recommend going that route, but if you dislike subscriptions enough you just have to take the risk of getting a licence and then having to get a new licence later.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

I don't think I could've said it any better than danco. The timing of all of our previous releases is public. That doesn't necessarily have any correlation with the release schedule going forward, but would be the only way to really estimate. As a matter of policy we don't pre-announce new versions. We no longer advertise standalone licenses, and they aren't generally a solution we recommend. Membership includes access to the latest versions for all of your compatible devices, so as danco alluded that avoids the conundrum entirely. Membership is the way forward with 1Password.

Ben

• I also hate subscriptions - I understand that this is good for the developer, but in fact it forces you to pay the user several times more than the product really costs, despite the fact that no important and significant changes are happening. Earlier, I paid for a family 4 1pass $ 30 and it worked for several years. But now for a family plan, you ask for $ 60 each year. Yes, this is only $ 5 per month, but if you think about it, the average user accumulates a very large amount of such subscriptions.
    I would be happy to pay once for the program, and get the next major update for an additional fee.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@IliyaG:

I would be happy to pay once for the program, and get the next major update for an additional fee.

It sounds like standalone licenses would be the right choice for you then ;)

• and how can i use it? I have 1pass v4 license - I can upgrade it to 7v - how much does it cost? v4 extension does not work for Mozilla

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@IliyaG:

and how can i use it?

If you download 1Password 7 on your computer and install it, the first time you launch it you will be asked if you want to purchase a license for it ;)

I have 1pass v4 license - I can upgrade it to 7v - how much does it cost?

A license for 1Password 7 for Mac is currently $64.99. 1Password for Windows is the same price (you did not mention what platform you are using 1Password on at the moment, so I thought I would mention both of them :+1: ).

• that is, despite the fact that I am already a customer and previously bought your product, do I need to buy it again? Or are there any discounts.
    i'm use 1pass on my Windows 10, HighSierra , and ios.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@IliyaG:

We have had the licenses for 1Password 7 at a discount for quite a while (more than a year if I am not mistaken), for $49.99 to be precise, but the promotion has now ended. I encourage you to reach out to our sales team at [email protected] however, they will be in a much better position to assess your current situation and see if there is anything they can do ;)

• thank you - i send message on [email protected]

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

:+1::)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file