1P X Extension -- password complexity settings

I noticed that the 1P X Chrome extension doesn't have any toggles for password complexity settings when creating a new PW. Sometimes the "generate password" result is shorter than usual, other times it's longer. I also have noticed the randomization isn't that great resulting in repeating characters or numbers and only 1 special character.

For the sake of this post, I'm on OSX 10.15.4 / Chrome Version 83.0.4103.61

Two suggestions / requests for improvement:
1. Add the ability to toggle complexity settings within the extension properties.
2. Share a default set of complexity settings across my entire Family account so that all initial PW generation adheres to a standard complexity pattern. This would apply to the web-based interface, thick client installation on phones and laptops, and installed browser extensions.

Keep up the awesome work!!!!

1Password Version: 7.5.1
Extension Version: 1.19.1
OS Version: OSX 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @darkhelmet! 👋

Thanks so much for the valuable feedback. I believe you're referring to the inline suggested password, which is a feature of 1Password X. Suggested passwords are meant to fit most site's password requirements so you don't have to use the generator — Just fill and go. The suggested passwords won't adjust based on your password generator recipe. Instead it sticks to its guns with a good strong password. The in-app password generator you've got your settings applied to can be used as a backup when you need it — It comes in handy with those sticky sites with fussy rules. To access the password generator in 1Password X, follow these steps:

1. Click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar.
    2. Click the + button, then click Password Generator (Or use the Command-G or Ctrl + G keyboard shortcut).

From there, you can adjust the generated password to your liking and click Autofill when you're ready to fill. I hope that helps, but let me know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.