Sync problem between Windows Desktop and IOS devices

Options

I entered some information in an existing secure note in Windows 1Password desktop so that I could copy and paste it into an app on my iPhone and iPad. The secure note did not sync to the iOS devices. I terminated the 1Password task on both IOS devices and restarted them. The changes from the Windows side never showed up and I don't see a way to manually sync as I used to be able to do in 1Password 4. Any ideas or recommended solutions? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Without knowing some basic information like the version of 1Password for Windows you're using and your sync method, it's difficult to give any sound advice, @caduceus. It sounds like you're using 1Password 7 (let me know if I'm wrong about that), but even assuming that Dropbox sync is going to be different from folder sync or syncing via 1Password.com so my suggestions would vary wildly based on that. Could you let me know how you're syncing this vault? Thanks!

• MTR
    MTR
    Community Member
    Options

Hello

I noticed exactly the same problem yesterday.
    On a Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 computer I created three new logins in the Firefox browser (68.9.0) with the 1Password Add On version 1.19.1. Via the 1Password Browser Add On the login data can be filled in.
    Also at home on my Windows computer (Windows 10 2004, May 2020 Update (Codename: 20H1)) with the 1password desktop client 7.4.767 everything is OK. The three new logins have been synchronized and can be used without problems.

But if I now want to enter the login data to access the affected app on my iOS device (iPhone 8) with iOS 13.5.1 and the 1password app (version 7.5.2), I can't do this. The three entries with the login data are there - only the title. But without content. So no data like username, no password, no website details, no tags, etc. If you click on the entry in the 1password app, an empty, black page appears.

So I cannot use 1password as an app.

It also affects other logins which I did not create via app.
    This must have happened after a certain point. The previously set up logins, etc. are synchronized and are available without problems. But the newly created ones are not.

Thanks a lot for the help!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MTR,

The behaviour you described:

The three entries with the login data are there - only the title. But without content. So no data like username, no password, no website details, no tags, etc. If you click on the entry in the 1password app, an empty, black page appears.

Doesn't sound like a sync issue. If it was a sync issue, the items you added on your Windows PC would not appear in 1Password for iOS at all.

If you have all of your data in your 1Password account now (you can sign in to your account on 1Password.com and see all of your data), have you tried reinstalling 1Password app on your iPhone and setting up from scratch? Does the issue remain after that?

Please let us know. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• MTR
    MTR
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @Greg

Thank you for your fast reply!

Yes, do you agree that part of the data is there and therefore has been synchronized, but part of it is not ;)

In the meantime, I have also deleted a login entry. However, this is still completely available in the 1password iOS app.

So somehow a sync issue.
    I only use 1 safe and 1 account.

OK, then I'll uninstall the app and set it up from scratch on my iPhone again. It is worth a try. I will then contact you again with an update.

• MTR
    MTR
    Community Member
    Options

I have deleted the 1password app, removed the access in the 1password account and then completely reinstalled an set up the app.

Now the app of 1password shows all entries of the logins as well as the details.

What is the reason for this?
    It shouldn't be that I always have to set everything up again because not all data is displayed.

• Ben
    Options

It shouldn't be that I always have to set everything up again because not all data is displayed.

Of course we would agree completely. Please do let us know if the issue reoccurs. I'm glad to hear uninstalling and reinstalling sorted it, but if it happens again we can dig deeper.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.