Can't buy with VAT ID?

electricartselectricarts Junior Member

I sent an email 3 days ago, but have not received an answer yet. So I'm trying to do it here.

I wanted to buy 1P Families, but in the order process you can't enter the VAT ID anywhere. Did I miss something?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @electricarts!

I have managed to find your email in our system. I would like to ask you to be patient, as our support times are a bit slower during weekends. We reply to emails in the order we receive them however, so someone will reply to your message as soon as possible via email (so we don't have to share account information on a public forum :) ).

Thank you for your patience!

ref: WVB-61879-785

• electricartselectricarts Junior Member

Hey @ag_ana ,

thanks for your answer! The problem is that my trial period expired today and my 1P installation only works rudimentary.

I never thought that the possibility to enter the VAT ID in 2020 would be such a big problem. And I don't feel like paying more than I have to. ;)

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@electricarts:

If I remember correctly, you can enter your VAT ID when purchasing a 1Password Teams or a 1Password Business account, but not a Families account, since those were not built with business requirements in mind. So it's possible that this is what you are seeing.

• electricartselectricarts Junior Member

Hey @ag_ana,

no other company has asked me in the last 10 years in which I have bought a lot of software whether I use it privately, professionally or for both. I am a freelancer and have a german VAT ID. And I want to buy software without paying VAT.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@electricarts:

Thank you for the clarification! I would suggest waiting for an answer from our sales team via email then, they will be in a much better position to help you with this (and once again, so we don't have to share account information on a public forum) :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file