Advertising banner on licensed version

Options
futurix
futurix
Community Member

I have 1Password 7 with a permanent license (non-subscription).

I have reinstalled it recently on a new Mac (with old Mac being completely wiped and given away) - and despite 1Password saying that I have a license, I get an advertising pop-up for 1Password.com subscription once a day (on first launch of the app).

Is this normal? (and if it is, seriously?)

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• futurix
    futurix
    Community Member
    Options

This is the banner.

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@futurix If you have a license, all you need to do is apply it from the e-mail message you received from AgileBits when you bought the license. hth

• futurix
    futurix
    Community Member
    Options

The strange thing is that the app says it's licensed even I never applied the license on this new Mac.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @futurix! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do you see the same banner now?

• futurix
    futurix
    Community Member
    Options

I don't have 1Password mini enabled and I always close 1Password when I don't use it (with 1Password 7 -> Quit in the menu). This banner appeared once every day for nearly a week now (I turn off my laptop completely for the night, so it was as clean launch as possible).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@futurix:

The Quit menu does not close the 1Password app completely, it just closes the main app window. To completely quit 1Password without using 1Password mini, please try the Control‑Option‑Command‑Q keyboard shortcut. Now launch 1Password again. Did the banner go away?

• futurix
    futurix
    Community Member
    Options

As I fully rebooted my laptop multiple times since, I think it's safe to say it didn't.
    I have just re-applied the license file I got in my purchase email and quit 1Password completely - let's see if that will help tomorrow on first launch.

• futurix
    futurix
    Community Member
    Options

My settings.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@futurix:

let's see if that will help tomorrow on first launch.

Sounds good! Please let us know what you find :+1:

If you also want to try the suggestion that I wrote in my previous post, please feel free to let us know the result of that too.

• futurix
    futurix
    Community Member
    Options

I did fully exit 1Password, but it didn't change anything (yet). I don't think 1Password was running in the background on my Mac anyway, and until now the bug would only appear on the 1st launch of 1Password of a new calendar day. Let's see what tomorrow will bring.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @futurix. Seems odd that it would have anything to do with that, but stranger things have happened. :) Please let us know how it goes.

Ben

• futurix
    futurix
    Community Member
    Options

Reapplying the license file fixed the issue. It was odd that I wasn't asked to apply it anyway and the app just showed as licensed from the get-go.

• Ben
    Options

I'm glad to hear that resolved the issue @futurix. Thank you for letting us know about the discrepancy.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.