Having a problem where the list of logins keeps scrolling back to the top

Options
kengetz
kengetz
Community Member

Working through my entire list of 1000 or so logins (imported from Dashlane--finally giving up on Dashlane!) and all is well, except that every time I edit an item, the list of items scrolls back to the top of the list (for example, I just edited chase.com, and as soon as I save the item, the list of logins scrolls back up to the first login, and I have to manually scroll back down to where I was in the list. This is costing me a lot of time in what is, as you can imagine, a very tedious task. I'm using the Mac client app (not working in a browser).

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Mac OS 10.15.5
Sync Type: Not sure
Referrer: forum-search:scrolling

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @kengetz

I was able to see that behavior on my setup, but only when sorting by something that I'm changing when doing my edits. For example, I was sorting by date modified, and so any time I made any change to an item the list would change. How are you sorting the list? And are you making a change that would affect the item's order in the list?

Please let me know.

Ben

• kengetz
    kengetz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I thought the same thing--I'm sorting by item name, but that's not the issue. If I'm on chase.com, and change the item name to Chase, for example, the list scrolls back up to the very first item (which starts with "A"). This happens about 80% of the time, but not quite every time. So, yes, if I was changing the sort key, I would expect the new item to appear in the correct place. But that's not what I'm seeing--the list just jumps to the top, even if I haven't moved the current item by changing its name. Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

@kengetz

Hmm. I haven't been able to reproduce that at all:

[Here's the link to the video.](https://bucket.agilebits.com/tmp/ben/nojumping.mov)

1Password 7.5, macOS 10.15.5. Any thoughts as to how to make this occur?

Ben

• kengetz
    kengetz
    Community Member
    Options

Appreciate it. I'll try to find a reproducible case and make my own video. Will upload it if I can catch it in action!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @kengetz. Understanding the circumstances under which this happens would be very helpful. :)

Ben

• kengetz
    kengetz
    Community Member
    Options

And wouldn't you know it--now that I've complained about it, it hasn't happened again. Not once. But I swear, it was happening over and over. If it starts up again, I'll try to track it down. Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Must be the magic touch. ;) Thanks for the update @kengetz. I'm glad to hear it isn't happening anymore — I can certainly see how it would be annoying. Do please let us know if it pops up again.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.