Standalone License what a Prize..

Well. I am little shocked. I know and do understand that we all need to make Money.....Right now in these difficult times....
Lets start from beginning. I was on Mac and bought ?last Year? a Standalone License for 1Password 7 for around 55€.
Early this Year i switched to Windows and not sure what Password Manager i will use.
Loving 1Password i dont wanted to buy another License and gone with Keepass. Nice one but... yeah thats it....
Now, half a year later, i am interested in a License again. Subscription isnt possible since u are not offering any Paypal for this and i have no CC.
So, for me, theres just the Standalone..
BUT Gosh... I got shocked about the Price. Guys, i just want to buy a Password Manager.... 70€ for a Password Manager. And remember i cannot go with a subscriptions. I am trapped just because agilebits is not offering any other Payment for a subscription and now it looks like a new Versions is coming up.... Wow i'm running out of words.
I just wanted to let the words go.... I know its hard times but hey, we all are in this boat. I am so shocked about the new prices that i decided to delete 1Password and will stay with a cheaper version
And best is agilebytes will not talk about when a new version is coming up.. Uhhh big secret to make more money....Na Guys u should think about ure doin. For me 1Password is no option anymore. Shame on you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @Alf_official

I'd be happy to help with that. While we don't currently offer PayPal as an option for paying for subscriptions directly, we do sell gift cards which can be used for your 1Password.com subscription, and those can be paid for using PayPal.

Digital Gift Cards | Give the Gift of Secure Passwords | 1Password

In addition to the savings you get by paying annually instead of monthly, you can combine that with a discounted gift card. Additionally, as an existing license holder, I would encourage you to reach out to our sales team at [email protected] to see if there are any promotions available based on your purchase history.

I hope that works out for you, but if not I hope you're able to find a password management solution that you're comfortable with and confident in. Thanks!

Ben

• I'm a long time user, and also just purchased the ¥7,986 standalone upgrade to 1Password 7, but I simply cannot recommend it to anyone. Especially knowing that 1Password can sync over Wifi, or Dropbox, and works brilliantly.

The #1 reason I cannot recommend 1Password to anyone is because of the price gouging for standalone (if you're luck to figure that out) and the subscription model. Either way, too much money is being asked for the relatively modest service being provided. The subscription model is nice for you (ongoing revenue) but bad for many people (including me) who want peace of mind owning a license.
    You should really consider Sketch's business model. It's a limited support timeline, better about upgrades, and convincing for later purchasing of updates. Revenue is consistent for them, so it works! Please think harder about this.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @otri

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry to hear you're no longer able to recommend 1Password. We charge a price that allows us to operate in a sustainable way. For that price we feel we deliver a lot of value, and many people agree. We understand not everyone will. If price is the primary consideration there are less expensive (or even free) options out there. If you're looking for the best password manager, that respects your privacy, then 1Password fits the bill. Competing on price in the software industry is a race to the bottom. We want 1Password to continue to be able to employ and attract talented people, and to continue to be an industry leader in security, privacy, and usability. We have to price our offerings in a way that make that possible.

I hope you'll reconsider moving forward with us with 1Password membership, but if not I hope you're able to find a password manager that you're comfortable with and confident in. I truly wish you the best whichever way you decide to go.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file