Convert to login is only shown after clicking Edit and Cancel buttons on mini

Options
koraykupe
koraykupe
Community Member

Hello,

Let's assume that I have a password item for a website, and it is shown on suggestions of 1Password mini (Chrome).

First, I don't see any indicator that if it is a password item or a login item without a username.

I have to click 'Edit' first, and then I'd expect to see the 'Convert to Login' button there, but I see it only if I click 'Cancel'.

I believe that there is room for usability improvement there.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @koraykupe. Password items generally use this icon, which is distinct from the icons used for Login items:

Editing the item first shouldn't be necessary...

Ben

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    Options

Are you talking about mini or the main app? On the mini I have to edit it first, and cancel to be able to see it. You can see it on that video capture: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F_DXEvmviyq4avSSDi_KEpq8BEVpZhpB/view?usp=sharing

• Ben
    Options

I'm unable to access that link @koraykupe. Could you check the sharing permissions please?

Ben

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    Options

Should be fixed now @Ben

• Ben
    Options

I am now able to download the video but it won't play. It is only 407 KB which seems like a problem?

Ben

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    Options

I think something went wrong with it, sorry. I recorded a new video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kxnBjhUpvNwQALP85WKMMVc_4lRseQ-q/view?usp=sharing

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@koraykupe:

Thank you, we can see the video now :+1: As Ben wrote, you can tell that those are passwords from the icon (only password items use that icon by default), but also from the dropdown menu that you have selected. I see in your video that your dropdown menu is set to Passwords, like in this screenshot:

If you have 1Password mini configured on that dropdown, that view will only show password items.

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Yes, I can differentiate it now, but I haven't received any answer about the other issue.

I have to click 'Edit' first, and then I'd expect to see the 'Convert to Login' button there, but I see it only if I click 'Cancel'

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@koraykupe:

That's expected behavior since you are clicking on the Edit button in 1Password mini. I recommend doing this from the 1Password desktop app instead: 1Password mini is not built to do everything that the main app can do, so it might be easier there. But if you absolutely want to go through this process with 1Password mini, I recommend clicking on the Pin on Screen button, so the Convert to Login button is clickable right away.

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

@ag_ana Pin on screen is 1 click less, thx. I was always confused that sometimes it shows the convert button, sometimes doesn't. Btw, If I move a password item to trash, convert to login button is shown for half a second, and then disappears with the closed window. Just a tiny visual glitch.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@koraykupe:

The Convert button is shown when the item is not in edit mode, so maybe that helps explain it :)

Btw, If I move a password item to trash, convert to login button is shown for half a second, and then disappears with the closed window. Just a tiny visual glitch.

Thank you for letting us know about this! I have tested this in my 1Password for Mac app but I cannot see the button even for a split second when it's in the Trash. I will try this a couple more times and see if I can replicate it :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah I see now, thank you! Yes, I think it takes a moment to update the menus after you move an item to the Trash from 1Password mini, I see the same thing :)

This discussion has been closed.