"Another copy of 1Password is using your password data..." What's going on?

Options
mrstucci
mrstucci
Community Member

Hi-I have a 2014 MBP running the latest Catalina version. When I shut down my Mac and restart I get this message (see title of my post) and then it says, "1Password can't open your data because it's already open in another copy of 1Password. To quit the other copy of 1Password and try again, click Continue. If that doesn't help contact 1Password Support."

Update-When I went to get the version of the Chrome extension, I see I have 2 (!)-one says 1Password Extension and the other says 1Password X (Password Manager). Yikes. Am I supposed to have 2?? If not, which one do I remove? And could this be what my statement above is talking about? I checked and I only have one 1Password app in my Applications.

Thank you for any help, Judy

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.5 (70500003) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited June 2020
    Options

@mrstucci

Can you open your Login items on the Mac and look for 1Password. If you find an entry for 1Password, remove it from the login items and restart the Mac.

As to the extension, you can use either one you like. 1Password X is our newest and greatest version of the extension. I would disable 1Password X and then restart the browser. That will leave the companion app extension 4.7.5.90 enabled. That's what most people are accustomed to using. Try it out and if it's the browser extension you are accustomed to using continue on.

The specific error you mentioned would not be caused by the extra extension.

• mrstucci
    mrstucci
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, ag_tommy! Both of those tips worked! No message when I logged back in and now I only have the one extension. Thank you, thank you! Judy

• Excellent news! I am glad to have helped. :)

This discussion has been closed.