Getting data from a previous Vault

rgmcleod
rgmcleod
Community Member

I recently went to the subscription model. I had been syncing with icloud. As I've been using the subscription based model, most new logins and pwds have been going into the 1password subscription Private vault, but occasionally, have gone to the icloud vault (this file is also on my Mac. This was confusing as i had 473 entries in the subscription private vault and 464 in the icloud vault. So I disconnected the icloud vault but later learned that I had a few unique pwds in the icloud vault I'd like to get back and transfer into the private subscription vault. I have the icloud vault file available. How would I go about this?

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Chrome 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.5
Sync Type: subscription

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited June 2020

@rgmcleod

1. Open 1Password Preferences > Advanced, enable Allow vault creation outside of 1Password Accounts. Enter in the Master Password when prompted.
    2. The local (Primary) Vault will be added to the Mac.
      -- edit: Open 1Password > Preferences > Sync and set up the local vault to sync with iCloud.
    3. Copy any data you want over to the Private/Personal Vault.
    4. Remove the iCloud Vault so as not to save data in the wrong location by repeating step 1, but this time uncheck the option.
  • rgmcleod
    rgmcleod
    Community Member

Thx ag_tommy for the quick response. When I create the vault on my Mac, it is empty as I created a new one. So, I have nothing to copy over to the Private/Personal Vault. What's the best way to direct 1Password to read a previous icloud sync'd vault? I apologize if I didn't read something correctly.

• Oops, sorry about that @rgmcleod. There is a step between 2 & 3. After step 2 you'd open 1Password > Preferences > Sync and set up the local vault to sync with iCloud. Then carry on with the remainder of the steps. Please let us know how it goes.

Ben

• rgmcleod
    rgmcleod
    Community Member

This work fine. Thx Ben. I'm all set. Love 1Password!

• ag_tommy
    edited June 2020

@rgmcleod

I'm glad Ben fixed you up. On his behalf, you're welcome. I'm sorry about that oops, my apologies. Thanks for the love! Things like that are always great to hear from our users. ♥️

This discussion has been closed.