firefox extension not available from login forms

Options
scottanderson
scottanderson
Community Member

I'm brand new to 1PW, so I may just be making a bonehead error. I bought the software and downloaded and installed the desktop app (version 7.5) on both my personal Mac (High Sierra 10.13.6) and my office Mac (Mojave 10.14.2). I also installed the Firefox extension (AgileBits 4.6.5.90). I see the 1PW icon in the browser, and I can open it, and it shows the 2-3 passwords I've put into 1PW, so that much is working. Then I go to a website that I have a login to (e.g. barnesandnoble.com), and click the "login" button, which pops up a login form, but the login form doesn't have the 1PW icons in either the username or password box. Note that I have not yet put my Barnes & Noble password into 1PW but I assumed that once I typed them into the login form, the 1PW extension would then offer to save them. That's not happening. I also have found that the credentials that I do have saved in 1PW aren't being autofilled.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: 4.6.5.90
OS Version: 10.13
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:firefox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @scottanderson! Welcome to the forum!

Then I go to a website that I have a login to (e.g. barnesandnoble.com), and click the "login" button, which pops up a login form, but the login form doesn't have the 1PW icons in either the username or password box.

This is the behavior of out other browser extension, 1Password X. If you prefer that one over the companion browser extension that you installed, you can download 1Password X for Firefox here :)

This discussion has been closed.