V7.6Beta3 acting funky

DrSFG
DrSFG
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

When you upgrade to B3, the the toolbar app won't open unless you open the main application and only close it by window's close button. If you do a complete quit (Command-Q) the toolbar app won't open at all.

You have to restart the machine to get things to work properly. And then, when in Desktop, the toolbar app opens to Suggestions rather than "all passwords" and only shows that when you open in a window other than being in Desktop. Was this done deliberately? I never saw that happen before.

1Password Version: 7.6B3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.5 Catalina
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @DrSFG

When you upgrade to B3, the the toolbar app won't open unless you open the main application and only close it by window's close button. If you do a complete quit (Command-Q) the toolbar app won't open at all.

Could you please walk me through the exact steps you're following where you see this behavior? If you completely quit 1Password then I wouldn't expect you to be able to open mini, so maybe I'm misunderstanding?

And then, when in Desktop, the toolbar app opens to Suggestions rather than "all passwords" and only shows that when you open in a window other than being in Desktop. Was this done deliberately?

Yes. 1Password should now detect whichever app is foremost and show suggestions based on that. If you'd prefer to see All Items that is an option in 1Password > Preferences > Mini under 'open 1Password to'.

Ben

• DrSFG
    DrSFG
    Community Member

I'm sorry if I was unclear. The odd behavior I was describing happened right after the update. Once I restarted my computer, the odd behavior disappeared and the mini app is now operating normally. I just wanted to communicate with you that the mini wouldn't operate at all after this update until restarting the machine. That never happened before. I don't know if anybody else experienced the problem.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DrSFG:

Thank you for the confirmation! I have personally not seen this behavior with the latest update, but please let us know if you see this again and we will be happy to take a closer look :)

This discussion has been closed.