1Password does n0t open default browser

I am using 1Password in Windows 10. I have set the default browser in Windows to be Firefox. If I click on a URL in any other application than 1Passowrd it automatically opens that page in Firefox as expected. However, if I double-click on a login in 1Password it opens the page in Chrome. How can I stop that behaviour since I want use Chrome as little as possible.

Thanks,
Jon

1Password Version: 7.4.767
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 1809
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:wrong browser

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @volcano2,

Could you please go ahead and check if you have 1Password extension installed in Chrome on your PC? If you have, please try to remove it, and check if the behaviour you described remains.

Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• volcano2
    volcano2
    Community Member

Hi @Greg,

I realized that Chrome was suddenly behaving strangely in other ways - it would always start up when I restarted/rebooted even though it was disabled in the startup list. I did a search online and found the advice to turn off "Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed" in Chrome's Settings>Advanced>System. Since I did that this problem has stopped and Chrome no longer starts up.

Thanks,
    Jon

• I'm glad to hear that you were able to find a solution here @volcano2, and ultimately it wasn't 1Password causing the trouble. Thanks for sharing the update - hopefully it'll be helpful to others who might run into this same thing.

If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.