2FA - Codescanner stays black

pipefine
pipefine
Community Member

Hi, I tried to scan a 2FA code but the Scanner stays black. I guess it is related to this.

But I was never asked to allow/deny the screen recording. The List does not contain the 1password entry. I can not drag&drop the app to the List ... How can I force 1password to ask again?

kind regards

1Password Version: 70500002
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:codescanner

Comments

• @pipefine

Are you using the Mac App Store version of 1Password?

Mac App Store apps are only allowed to use the Screen Recording permission for actual screen recording applications, not for reading QR codes. Can you try using one of the following suggestions.

• paste the QR code image into the scanner window
    • drag the QR code image into the scanner window

You can also alternatively switch to using the Web site version which does not have the same access limitation.

• pipefine
    pipefine
    Community Member

oh ok, yes I am using the Mac App Store version ... How can I change to the Website version? Is there a FAQ entry?

Did not know about the possibility of your suggestions. For now, I just entered the code underneath the QR-Code 😀 Will keep it in mind.

thx

• @pipefine

You can quit 1Password completely by opening it and then pressing ⌘⌥⌃Q (command option control q). Then drag the 1Password app from the Applications folder in Finder to the Trash. Once you've done so you can download 1Password from our website here:

https://1password.com/downloads

The installer will walk you though the process. It wouldn't hurt to restart your Mac once complete. :) I hope that helps!

Ben

• pipefine
    pipefine
    Community Member

Did worked as described. thx

• Excellent. :) Thanks for the update. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.