1password crashes upon launch

lassebjoern
lassebjoern
Community Member

So for the past month or so, my 1password has been crashing upon launch on my iPhone XS running IOS 13.

Since I am running with a local vault only, I was reluctant to re-installing the app, since my vault would be gone.

I then found your article ( https://support.1password.com/cs/ios-itunes-backup/ ) on howto use the iexplorer to fetch the data directory containing the sqlite-file with the local vault, and I have exported that as mentioned in the article, and compressed it, and changed the filename to end with 1p4_zip.

Then I reinstalled 1password app, after which it would launch correctly, but with an empty vault.

Following the guide in https://support.1password.com/backups/ I used itunes to drag the 1p4_zip into the 1password app.

But - In the app, the "restore backup" option is still greyed out, providing me no option of importing my vault. So maybe the app does not recognize the backup file, or something else is wrong?

What are my options from here? (i have the sqlite file, and can browse it with a sql browser app, but of course the actual content, besides from t he table names, etc is encrypted)

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lassebjoern! Welcome to the forum!

There might be an even easier way to do this: did you have no sync configured for this vault at all? Not even to iCloud or via WLAN server?

• lassebjoern
    lassebjoern
    Community Member

Unfortunately not - The file is all i have :/

Thanks!

/Lasse

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@lassebjoern:

Thank you for the confirmation. For confirmation, after you dragged the backup to the 1Password icon, have you synced your data too? I am looking at this line from the instructions that you have been following:

Click the Sync button to copy the files to your iOS device.

• lassebjoern
    lassebjoern
    Community Member

I did sync, and waited for it to finish.

I am in doubt however if the zipfile should contain the two db files in the root dir of the zip or if the zip should include the data dir as well?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@lassebjoern:

I think you need the data folder too. Alternatively, just so we remove all doubts, you could drag and drop the entire Backups folder that you copied at the beginning of the process, and sync that one directly instead of the zip file. It should then have everything you need to restore your data ;)

• Hi @lassebjoern

I used itunes to drag the 1p4_zip into the 1password app.

This file needs to be in a folder called 'Backups'. Could you please try creating a 'Backups' folder, moving the 1p4_zip file into it, and then copying that to the iOS device? Additionally if you have a Mac capable of running 1Password 7 you could try saving the SQLite file to ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data/OnePassword.sqlite and then opening 1Password 7.

Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

• lassebjoern
    lassebjoern
    Community Member

I'll try that last thing on my mac tomorrow and get back with results - Thanks :)

• No problem. :)

Ben

• lassebjoern
    lassebjoern
    Community Member

Just wanted to let you know that moving the db file to the right location on my Mac worked! :)

Thank you very much! :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome @lassebjoern!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.