1Password X Locking

Options

I'm a new user, but after two months and posting several questions, I am still frustrated that 1Password X in Chrome on my Windows 10 system continues to lock frequently, despite my browser remaining open.

I have 1Password X "Automatically lock" set off and 1Password "Lock after computer is idle for" set to to 1 hour. Nevertheless, 1Password X locks after a few minutes.

Can anyone help?

1Password Version: 7.4.767
Extension Version: 1.19.1
OS Version: 10.0.19041
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JWadle47!

Do you have the option named Lock when device goes to sleep enabled or disabled?

• JWadle47
    JWadle47
    Community Member
    Options

There is no such setting in my version of 1Password. I do have "Lock when computer is locked" turned off.

• Hey @JWadle47. Since you're using 1Password X, please double-check the 1Password X Settings. You can navigate to these by right-clicking the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choosing "Settings". You'll find the lock settings under "Security" on the Settings page.

• JWadle47
    JWadle47
    Community Member
    Options

The only relevant setting I see is "Automatically lock 1Password" which is turned off. Nevertheless, 1Password X continues to lock after a few minutes while the browser (Chrome) remains open.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for getting back to us, @JWadle47. I wonder if you're able to grab your 1Password X log shortly after it locks on you. That may let us know where it's being told to lock. 🤔

We've got a guide that explains exactly how to grab your 1Password X log here: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/

Feel free to either post the log here or email a copy to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this forum post in the body of the email. We'll take a look, and we'll move forward from there.

This discussion has been closed.