Feature Request: Generated User Names

Currently 1Password generates random passwords. I would like to request random user ids as well. Ideally this would allow the user to specify a pattern or domain that would be included in the random user id.

I own my own domain. This allows me to give every service a unique email address. I've been using a pattern for my login names that looks like [email protected] so if I sign up for companyX they would get a domain like [email protected].

I understand that this is probably not a typical use case but it is an incredibly powerful option when it comes to securing email logins as any given user would have a unique email address for every given service.

Ben

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @BenjaminMetzler

Well, we have at least two things in common. We both go by Ben, and we both do the [email protected] thing. I'd love to have support for that in 1Password. I think there are likely a very small percentage of 1Password users that do this though, so I can't make any promises, other than to say I'll mention it to the rest of the team for consideration. :)

Ben

• Thanks Ben. I also think the user base is quite small as well but anything to make signing up for services easier :-).

Ben

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

:+1::)

• dancodanco Senior Member Community Moderator

You can use the password generator to create a string that you then use as your user name. I've done it once or twice using the word-based option with three words.

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

Thanks, danco, for that suggestion. I like it. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file