Bug: When I make an edit to an entry and hit Save I get booted out

miguelmanalo
miguelmanalo
Community Member

Hello,

When I make an edit to an entry like updating the password or fixing a typo and hit save.

I'm thrust out of that entry window and either put into the Passwords category or that view goes blank and I have to go find the entry again.

I then have to go back to All Items which is scrolled randomly to some middle portion and then sort by Recently Edited.

I think this is a new bug or maybe I have some weird setting on.

the behavior I expect is:
I make an edit to an entry.
Hit Save.
Entry saves in place.
And I can keep looking at what I was editing, not get moved out of that view or have to re-click on the item.

I was gonna make a video or something but that would show too much but am willing to make a video if need be.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @miguelmanalo!

When I save an item in my 1Password for Mac app, I remain in the same item window without being sent back to the list. Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do you still see the same behavior?

• miguelmanalo
    miguelmanalo
    Community Member

Yay! That fixed it. Thank you, ag_ana.

Wish I'd tried that before writing, haha.

• Glad to hear that did the trick, @miguelmanalo. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.