"Wait, which SSO account did I use to sign up to this website?"

I'm not sure if this is a feature request or something that can be done with 1Password currently... I guess it's more of a "Here's my problem; what's the best way to handle it?" comment ๐Ÿ˜›

More of the websites I use provide SSO, and as time goes on, websites offer more SSO providers. So now when I visit some websites, the task isn't so much recalling my username and password as it is recalling whether I need to login with GitHub, BitBucket, GitLab, or one of my three Google accounts.

One way I can think of prompting myself here is by adding the current website to the SSO account's website field in 1Password so that 1P will bring it up when I hit Ctrl+Alt+\ to fill it. That's a bit of a manual process, though. Is there a better way to handle this?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_michaelc
    edited June 2020

Hey @rensa! Sounds like a little bit of both to me. :smile: For the most part I tend to use unique passwords for each service, rather than tying them to another account, but when I do use SSO and store it in 1Password, I do something like this:

Then if you try to autofill, or if you open 1Password mini, you'll see a visual indicator either way. :smile:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#199

• rensa
    rensa
    Community Member

Ah, that's a good idea, @ag_michaelc! I'll give it a crack ๐Ÿ˜

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@rensa: Let us know how it works for you! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.