1Password would not lock, sync or quit

Options
blacknell
blacknell
Community Member

I've been away from home for a few days using 1P on my MacBook. When I returned to my iMac yesterday, I clicked on 1P and was surprised that it didn't asked me for my master password. I checked the security settings and it's set to lock after a period of time. It should have locked.

Anyway, this morning I went to log into a website (on my iMac) and I noticed that a new password entry I'd created on my MacBook while away was missing. I double checked my MacBook 1P - it was there.

On my iMac I Cmd-Q 1Password and it closed. Or I thought it did. When I selected 1P from the Dock it opened again into 1P without a password.

This time I Cmd-Q again and looked in Activity Monitor. It was still running. I quit the process from there.

Now opening from the dock 1P asked for the master password and the missing entry was there.

This is a dangerous bug because after the elapsed time (or quitting) the master password should be required

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.5 (70500003) 1Password Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @blacknell

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. I wonder if the 1Password process was frozen / hung up? Did you note if you were able to interact with your data after opening 1Password?

In any event, I'd like to take a look at the logs, to see if they might give us any clue about what happened. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/114096/1password-would-not-lock-sync-or-quit
    • Your forum username: blacknell
    • The answer to the above question: "Did you note if you were able to interact with your data after opening 1Password?"

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• blacknell
    blacknell
    Community Member
    Options

[#PHG-44162-694]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: PHG-44162-694

This discussion has been closed.