Login to database administration tool using Database entry type

Options

Hello,

there is one feature that I miss from 1Password (I'm only using 1Password X) and that is login to a website using Database entry type. I know I could create a classic Login type, but that would diminish the advantages of Database entry (like having it in Database category, rather than between all logins), or I would have to have two entries (one for all the database info and one for login).

Use case is simple - I want to have all the database info like host, port, type,... and I also want to be able to login to tools like Adminer or phpMyAdmin. I think it would be great to solve this via a generic option for all 1Password entries (sorry don't know what to call it, I mean Login, Database, Password, Note, ...) to specify a "login address and credentials".

As it is now, I have to remember the administration tool address, then searching the 1Password for the Database entry and then manually copy and paste the login info. This is I think unnecessary and too complicated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @grongor

At the moment 1Password can only fill items from the Logins, Credit Cards, and Identities categories. In the future we may be able to expand that such that any item could have a section with fillable information, but we aren't there quite yet. Thanks for the feedback!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.