browser extension filling issue on merrilledge.com

Just wanted to report a browser extension filling issue at merrilledge.com. I see it on both Chrome Version 83.0.4103.106 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Firefox 77.0.1 (64-bit) using the latest extensions 4.7.5.90. I have the automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords turned off.

Below are screen shots of before and after. It does fill in the username and password correctly. However, in both browsers it triggers the website into showing some password requirement information. It isn't a big issue in Chrome, but in Firefox it causes the log in button to be scrolled out of the view and hidden. The work around for Firefox is to hit tab to get to get log in button.

1PasswordX works fine in both browsers, but I don't use it because it isn't integrated with the 1Password for Windows app (have to log into 1PasswordX separately). This isn't a critical issue as it does work, but I thought you might want to know.

screenshots -
chrome before

chrome after

firefox before

firefox after

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 7.4.767
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 version 2004 (OSBuild 19041.329)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @jasb. I'm sorry you're having trouble with Autofill being accepted on this site. 1Password X contains our newest filling and saving logic, so I'm glad to hear things are working there, although I understand you're not really using that app.

Can you try drag and drop from 1Password mini? This should appear like actual typing to the website, so with any luck you won't see this error if you autofill that way. Here's what this looks like, in practice:

https://i.1password.com/media/windows-drag-password.mp4

Let me know if this works! :smile:

• jasb
    jasb
    Community Member

Yes, drag and drop works fine, but I was hoping that you'd pass the issue along to the developers in hopes that they might improve the extensions.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jasb:

Thank you for the confirmation! The companion browser extension gets the latest filling logic after it has been tested in 1Password X, so all improvements should appear there too sooner or later, especially if the website works with 1Password X already ;)

• jasb
    jasb
    Community Member

Great. Thanks much. Another great option would be to get 1PasswordX / Windows desktop app integration someday :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jasb:

I agree, that would certainly be a nice addition :) If you also have a Mac, the integration between the 1Password desktop app and 1Password X is currently in beta there ;)

This discussion has been closed.